Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the Growth Team, you will be required to perform a diverse range of tasks in delivering the Government-funded Covid-19 Business Grants. You will be assisting the Business Grants Team in the preparation of procedures, organisation and delivery of the grants.
Duties will include validating submitted applications, working with Excel spreadsheets, passing approved payments and liaising with the Finance team, dealing with enquiries and liaising with businesses.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be experienced in manipulating data / financial information and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You should also have experience in using PC applications, particularly Excel, but also Word.
Service Specific Responsibilities
· You will assist with validating submitted business grant applications, this includes confirming all the data submitted is accurate and matches with the information held by the Business Rates Team.
· The post holder will be required to deal with enquiries and liaise with businesses.
· Management of the Growth Team’s email inbox to ensure all enquiries are monitored and dealt with in a timely fashion.
· Coordination of any Freedom of Information requests relating to business grants.
· General administration support for the Grants Team, including sending emails and letters and collating responses.
· Manage and monitor all enquires and correspondence relating to the business grants.
· Other reasonable tasks to achieve the job purpose.
Corporate and Other Duties
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all their entire staff share this commitment. As part of this commitment all staff will attend a safeguarding briefing as part of their induction and be expected to familiarise yourself with the safeguarding policy.
The post holder is required to be proficient in all areas within Level Two and Three of the Council’s Competency Framework.
Understanding and Promoting Core Values and Behaviours
In fulfilment of the role, the post holder will be expected to be aware of, take account of and demonstrate the Council’s agreed core values and behaviours.
Working corporately and with partners.
Where necessary, to assist and actively contribute to the development and delivery of corporate or partnership projects/initiatives.
Consistent approach - working to the agreed codes of practice.
Where applicable, the post holder will be required to work in line with agreed Codes of Practice
Health and safety, regulatory and legal
· To understand the legal and regulatory framework in which the role will operate and work within it.
· To give due consideration to health and safety in the carrying out of duties.